SHARE THE OPPORTUNITIES
Ian says: “I have always been burdened by good ideas! I say burdened because I struggle to have the time and money to take them all to fruition myself from my base at Lee Moor.
“Recently though I have found ways of creating businesses which together are delivering some fantastic opportunities:
- Sustainable Heating Solutions UK Ltd (which grew from on-site use of innovative biomass energy technology) is my company servicing the wood heating market. We now also have a sister business called P&H Energy UK which specialises in Biomass Boilers and are currently establishing Northumbrian Woodfuels to service the Wood Supply chain.
- Fresh Element (although not based at Lee Moor) is a collaboration of 5 very different people who have come together to service the appetite for the very best in local food – I’m partial to provenance - see sixbaltic.com
- the tenants of the Business Park are doing some unique work and I advise you to check them out
- external groups are encouraged to use the farm as a conference facility, having also linked to Rennington Village Hall we can handle up to 150 people
- business start-up? Why not hire me as a consultant
“I am an ideas man, full of creativity and happy to share that with anyone who wants to. During my adult life I have networked, been cooperative and worked with a huge range of people and organisations. I am very keen to get things happening here in North Northumberland and am finding many ways to do that. I also believe that rural and urban will make more of the opportunities and add more value if they work together, this I apply across the UK. ”